Tuesday, July 12, 2011

World War I and the Draft

Last night I dreamed that it was World War I, only the time period was now.  I was on the front lines, and there had been a draft.  Nearly everyone was drafted--men and women alike.  I must have been a journalist because I was not fighting in the war, though I was on the front lines interviewing people.  I remember particularly interviewing Barb P.--my best friend in 8th grade.  She had been drafted.  During my interview, I always had my kindle with me, though at some point I lost it.  Apparently kindle's were quite common on the front lines--especially those with orange covers--and I kept finding other people's kindles.

Though a war was going on, I never saw the enemy.  I saw their gunfire that found us through the woods.  At one point there was a break or it was overnight or something and the whole gang went into McDonald's.  It was there that I spoke more in depth with Barb about her experiences.  She had risen to high society within the United States, and she spoke of what her husband was going through.  Later the dream shifted and the two of us were speaking in a hotel hallway.  She confessed that she wasn't using the real name of her husband.  When she uttered his real name, I realized he was a celebrity, known for his wealth and influence.  It was at this point when I had my biggest revelation, that I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment