Thursday, July 14, 2011

Security Deposits and Substitute Teaching

My memories are scattered of last night's dreams.  The thing that comes to the forefront--which may have been sequentially last--was an incident with my former landlord.  In my dream I came to pick up a piece of mail or something from my old place--which looked like the home I grew up in.  I picked up the envelope and found two smaller envelopes taped to it.  One had my name on it, and inside was $5 and a note that said there was a scratch on the door that no one remembered/claimed and I was supposed to take that money to get something to patch it up.  I remember thinking that he had already paid me my deposit back in full.  Next I examined a couple doors and wondered which one I was to take care of and how to go about doing it.

The rest of the dream was at a school I hadn't been to before.  I think it was my old school district because Batista was there.  I was apparently subbing, and I had a little bit of fear/self-consciousness on how to procede through the classes.  They had a lot of free reading time, and during that time they were tempted, not to talk, but to go to sleep and to have snacks.  Later a helpful student came buy to empty the very full trash can.

The rest of the time in the school was vague and rushed--kind of like a real school day.  At some point I either went on a walk or conversed with Batista, but my memories are foggy.

No comments:

Post a Comment