Friday, July 15, 2011

DUI--and a unicycle

Last night's dreaming ws thick with the fact that I stayed up past 2 Am finishing The Help.  In my dream I was back in a shop class.  We were all making tables and I was fussing and fussing with mine to make sure everything was perfect.  I was drinking a beer while I was making it.  I realized how far behind I was getting on it due to being such a perfectionist about everything.

Class ended and I went home.  I thought I was drinking the same beer at home but then realized there was more in the bottle than I remembered. Then I realized that I was drinking and driving.  I was quite fatigued, and I didn't know what to do about the fact that I had an open container in my vehicle.  Finaly I just jammed it in between the center console and my seat.  Apparently I instantly thought more clearly and decided to bike to the shop.  In real life, the front tire is currently off my bike.  It held in my dream too.  So I went to get my dismantled bike, and rather than attaching the tire, it was like I was riding a unicycle and just holding the front tire in place.  This wouldn't due.  I noticed that I was missing handlebars.  I went back to see about finding them--back being biking down something that simultaneously did and did not look like Ames' Historic Mainstreet.

It was in all this confusion that I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment