Sunday, July 10, 2011

Impulsive Spending


Last night’s dream was one in which I was very thankful that it was just a dream.  In my dream, I apparently was enrolled at the Salon Professional Academy (i.e. beauty school).  I don’t recall taking any classes or having to pay tuition, but I was going through their program.  I was there to have my hair cut or something, but for whatever reason, my appointment time kept on being shuffled around.  I, also, was being shuffled around.  During this time, the stylist asked me if I would be interested in buying a sample pack of hair products.  I figured this made sense, so I agreed.  She showed me four full-size bottles of product, held together by a large plastic hanger.  Instead of being a variety of gel and mousse, the bottles were mostly shampoo and conditioner with one other thing thrown in.  I saw the price was 38 dollars, and I thought it a little ridiculous.

Then she began to pull out more four packs, each containing different products, and each pack being around the same size.  I began to regret my hasty agreement to the purchase, and I wondered if I would be able to get out of it—especially since the stylist continued to show me attention for only a couple minutes at a time.  Somehow during this time, I also bought some sort of motorcycle.  I brought this purchase with me (somehow) when I drove to an elementary school in a school bus.  I didn’t want to leave the bike just parked somewhere, but rather, I wanted the bike to be brought inside, because I feared it would be stolen.  I actually considered putting a bike lock on it.  I was considering this opportunity, when I remembered that the elementary school had just put another motorcycle that I had just purchased on display.

I began to wonder about the state of my finances and why I was making foolish purchases.  Moreover, I wondered how and why I was enrolled in a beauty school.  Shortly after I woke up and realized I hadn’t inadvertently purchased two motorcycles—what a relief!

No comments:

Post a Comment