Monday, July 18, 2011

Conclusions without Beginnings

Remembering and forgetting and remembering again.  That is the cycle of dreams isn't it?  There's the brief moment shifting a car into gear when suddenly a flash of last night's subconscious journey appears.  The number of dreams I have been recalling lately has fluctuated, and in order to recall last night's dream, I must lock onto the key imagery: bicycles pulling into a garage, a large building--a school, perhaps?  No, there are only fragments now.  The most distinct portion was when I pulled into the garage of my St. Anthony place, accompanied by two other bikers.  I was riding my black Schwinn.   It was the end of the dream--pulling into the garage and shutting the garage door.

Often when I watch films or read books, I can recall the conflict and its development, but I struggle to recall the resolution and conclusion.  I suppose I can't but accept this inverse of habit.

No comments:

Post a Comment