Thursday, August 18, 2011

Teaching

Last night's dream landed me in a school--quite fitting as my old high school starts classes today.  Only in my dream I was Will Schuester--it's not the first time I have been him in a dream (only a female version).  I was in his/my office, with everything locked up and a student requested entry.  I unlocked the room and let them in, only to have the requests multiply.  At one point a student sat outside the office and had a foot-high stack of textbooks in front of her.  She was fussy about carrying around the books.  I wondered whether to offer to put them in the office--then I questioned whether it would be more of a life lesson to her if I let her ask me first and understand that you must ask to have your requests filled by-and-large and people won't always predict them.

The dream swirled around the school with lessons and interactions--which are all a blur at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment