Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Charity-Sized Nightmare

Last night, I had one of the worst dreams ever.

It began with me passing through town.  I was in S.C., Iowa, going through a neighborhood and stopped at some friends' place to hang out.  I found the house, and while going there drove past the home of more friends--where I was going to crash that night.  I went to the first mentioned place and saw some old friends/aquaintances from high school (Derek, Renee. . . .).  I went in and spent some time in the living room and kitchen--watching people play video games, and helping people move around their furniture.  Apparently someone was moving out or they wanted more room in their basement.

At some point I left because I was going to stay the night at the person's place down the street.  Instead of driving, I went to walk the couple of blocks to the other person's place.  At some point, the two houses and their residents became merged into one.  Before I knew it I was in the downtown area near a Casey's.  I ran into a couple of people from the house I was just at.  They said that I had overshot the house I was going to and wondered how had I walked passed it.  I was in a daze.  When I went over, I saw a firetruck, and my mind was lost in a whir of confusion.  Then my mind had a flashback, and I saw myself a few minutes before--looking like a male, with a gas can in hand.  Somehow I had intentionally set fire to this house.  I had poured gasoline through parts of it (apparently) and their video game came to life.   The spacecraft they were flying through the basement ignited the fire.  People were badly hurt.  I couldn't believe what had happened.

A new dream started.  I was at the group home I work at.  I worked a morning shift and then left.  Apparently I had to stop back in to check on some things.  When I went to leave, I asked one of the other staff if she wanted me to help load one of the residents into the wheelchair van.  Savannah said it would be helpful, so I took one of the resident's to the van.  I put on her wheelchair breaks, but did little else.  I didn't strap her wheelchair down or put on here chest strap, etc.  I thought about this when I got into my car, but I figured Savannah would sort it out.  When Savannah did finally get outside, I saw the wheelchair van rolling out of the driveway and down the street.  It had a significant amount of momentum and was turning left and right--going up driveways and rolling back out.  My first exclamation was, "I thought I had put on the emergency break!"  We had no idea how to reign in the out-of-control vehicle.  I went to call 911--and at first fumbled and fumbled over the numbers while dialing.  When I finally got numbers cranked out, I had to listen to an automated recording.  When I woke up from the dream, I still hadn't spoken to the operator, and I realized that I would probably be fired from my job and there would be some legal ramifications.

I've never been so happy to wake up.  Often my nightmares include people being disappointed in me, but rarely do my nightmares include me performing such negligent or malicious actions as to utterly deserve both such scorn and such legal penalization.

No comments:

Post a Comment