Monday, August 1, 2011

Parties and Classrooms

Last night's dream had me in something like a Gilmore Girls episode.  Or perhaps I should just say it contained the cast of Gilmore Girls.  I was at some mansion in the dream, presumably Logan Huntzberger's or Tristan's.  Their was a large group of people in the dream, and the house was vacated.  Something was being done in a garage full of fancy cars.  And Mr. Huntzberger had come to chastise the party as a whole.  I was doing my best to regulate the goings on, particularly restoring the garage to order.  For some odd reason the Mustang (maybe it was a Charger, but I'm not good with cars) was parked first and at the back of the garage.  Miscellaneous bikes and whatnot were being moved around to allow space next to the Mustang, but it was hastily done.  Dean maneuvered a rather clunky van towards the garage and spared the bikes only to hit the Mustang.  In my mind I knew that this was going to lead to some interesting plot developments.

Then before I knew it I was back at my old high school attempting to teach--with little success.  I had students working in different paces in two different groups.  Either the work was too easy or they were putting little thought into it, and the teaching was going horribly.  I was working in a classroom near Tammy D. F. slash I was also just using her classroom.  She observed my teaching and I was ashamed.  Having the extra set of eyes, however, did lead me to lead some lessons a little coherently.  I may have been making a bit of progress before the scene changed again.

Apparently I was back in the Czech Republic, in a group of people.  We had been singing or something, and at one point we began naming all the superior qualities of one Vitek.  I have only met one Vitek in the Czech, but the "Vitek" there (presumably the same one) was a bit shorter, and looked more American--to his detriment.  He was modest amid the praise and obviously a bit unsure of how to respond.  That is about the time I woke up.

I think this assortment of dreams may have to do with my continued reading of Mansfield Park as well as my upcoming departure for the Czech Republic to teach English.

No comments:

Post a Comment