Saturday, August 6, 2011

Honors Program Disappointment

My dream began inside someone's home.  The honors program was going to host a get-together.  We were all supposed to have been doing independent projects/research of our own choosing.  Emily S. was making some sort of drawing or art piece out of paper.  She left her place for a while, and I resumed working on it.  I cut the background off the picture (it was brown paper with black crayon or pencil or something) and began creating something to go in its place.  I cut out a string of elephants in white paper and inserted them where the background had been before re-taping on the background behind them.  All this took place over the course of an hour.  Apparently this was the preparation time for the get together and soon the presentations would begin.  It was at this point that I realized that I had not done such a project, and I tried to rack my brain for project ideas.  The presentations began, though I still didn't have a plan.  I realized at some point that this was a two day conference and that I could present the next day.  This was a relief and I planned on getting up early in order to put together the said presentation.  I, however, did not get up early, and I went to the conference again with nothing to show for myself.  I had an overwhelming feeling within me, an awareness of the disappointment I would earn from Dr. Black, and it almost crushed me.  At one point I sought out Emily and entreated her forgiveness for having messed with her project though she had not solicited my help.

No comments:

Post a Comment