Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Coffeehouses on the Honor System

Last night I dreamed that I was in some cross between central Iowa and northwestern Illinois.  I was living in some rural area.  I went for a walk down a gravel road and found myself at a very homey country house.  I walked in because it was a coffee house.  However, no one was in and the coffeehouse was based on the honor system.  There was a kitchen as cluttered and homey as any I'd ever seen.   I could make myself some coffee and then just leave cash there.

Time passed and I found myself at the coffeehouse again.  This time I also brought two kinds of veggie burgers and was boiling them in a glass casserole dish.  Apparently others had used it and there were other mysterious things floating in it.  It wasn't gross in the dream--but right now I'm about to wretch at the thought of it.  I also noticed there to be many dirty dishes in the sink.  Apparently the owner would come by every once in a while, collect money, and do the dishes.

When I went into the living room Derek N. was there.  Apparently someone in his family had become the owner of the coffeehouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment