Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Others' Dreams about me

Often I have had the situation in which others tell me the dreams they have about me. The dreams range in content. Sometimes I wonder if these dreams reflect the persons true opinion of me. Here are a few of my favorites.

The first night in the dorms last year, Lindsey dreamed that she caught me making out with one of my professors.

Once Seth had a dream in which we were having a religious discussion. In this discussion I said something true to my real character about some religious matter and it infuriated him. It was to such a degree that he started slamming my body into the lab tables.

This summer a fellow counselor, James, had a dream that someone handed him a newspaper where I was displayed under "sexy singles" in the personal adds. It had my photo and bio beneath.

And last night Lindsey dreamt that I insisted she watch me skateboard in the rain 45 minutes before going to her formal birthday party. I was so insistent that she came outside. Her straightened hair was ruined (in actuality it takes her over an hour to straighten it). When we came indoors, she insisted that I help her fix it. I did so with angst, calling her vain and pulling her hair with the straightener. Then I insisted we walk to her birthday party because to drive was a waste of gas. We were already late and Linds was upset, declaring, "It's fifteen miles!"

No comments:

Post a Comment