Saturday, September 1, 2007

Thoughts . . .

Yesterday Father said he would be willing to go halfsies on the Rome trip for spring break. Though I would love to go to Rome, I wonder if this is a wise expense and I also wonder of part-time work for the school year. It was in this contemplation that I entered sleep last night and had the following dream:

I was at camp and saw various staff. Heather B. asked me to accompany her in a trip to the mall. I agreed because I wanted to be social, but I did not wish to spend money. We were separated at the mall, and I waited with her brother for her re-arrival. Whilst we waited at the hair salon, it came time to pay in advance for haircuts. It was a pricey place, though they were running a discount deal. Somehow I ended up paying for three haircuts and used up all the cash which I was trying to budget responsibly.

Then my mother appeared and I lamented to her of the situation (Note that lamenting to my mother, with her in the consoling role is very out of character for our relationship). I burst into tears and remember it not being an I-don't-have-control-of-my-emotions bout of tears but a bout of deep and anguished weeping.

I woke up in that state, grabbed a sweatshirt and read 17 chapters of John.

I'm going ice blocking: easy going and free.

No comments:

Post a Comment