Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Life is Pleasant

The transition back into school this year was tough. It took me by surprise for I was so anxious to see everyone again. Amusingly enough, the first guy I ran into on campus was Reed, which should have been a good omen, but those first two weeks, man. I just really missed the staff from Trout...

I've been dreaming about the staff too. I had a dream that I roadtripped with Reed and Jon P. to Chicago. We ran into Josh--counselor this summer--and he gave me the kind of hug you give an unfamiliar person at church. It was disconcerting. Then I woke up.

(cut middle part of blog post out--just about how the beginning of the school year was going)

I will sum this up with a dream I had last week:
In the dream I was sleeping under my lush down comforter in the foyer of my house in Roland, next to a pile of other such commodities. Apparently these things of value were a sort of offering unto God. I was sleeping by them to guard them.

I heard the sound of people pounding at the front door. I was under my covers so they didn't know of my presence, they only knew of the items I was surrounded by. I stealthily reached up to lock the deadbolt, and instead unlocked it and let the savages in.

They took the different items and spread about the house. I ran after them, ravaging items from their grips, overturning tables, and quoting Scripture. In my dream I knew the passages were from Exodus, but in waking I knew that they were not anywhere in the canon. But I would seize something from their hands and then yell something like, "It is written, 'They shall take the fragmented wood from the Lord and make it into an adoration for their walls!'"

In waking I realized that it was my own rendition of Jesus clearing the Temple, with myself as the protagonist. This actually makes sense, for we discussed this scene last week in my gospel of John class. I also read through the scene in the Odyssey in which Ulysses (Odysseus) drives the suitors from his home and gets his revenge.

PS-I also had a dream the other night that I landed an ollie perfectly on a stage set up in the student centre for some show Goose was hosting.

No comments:

Post a Comment