Sunday, September 9, 2007

Husbands--18 Cents a Pop

I forgot to relate a rather interesting dream that I had last week.

It began with me driving home from Trout. In the dream, I stopped by a gas station of sorts which I frequented en route because it had a service charge-free ATM. Inside, it looked like a post office. While at the counter I purchased two husbands, eighteen cents a piece. I received two voucher coupons and found my husbands sitting in some simple chairs in the rear of the station.

They were both mulatto, attractive, and friendly. We hit it off and I recall thinking that they were better husbands than the previous husband I had purchased. I then thought that I would have to get three divorces before marrying the man I truly loved, a fact that discouraged me greatly.

My dream then sped up and I found myself living near where I had purchased the husbands. Apparently my marriage had gone downhill and a girlfriend of mine expressed her concern when she found that I was attending a party alone. I assured her of my contentedness and then got in my black car to drive to the house party.

While driving through the parking lot, a man that I knew to be my husband started shooting at me. He was attractive in a cliche way. After this I apparently decided to return to Iowa. As I related my experiences to Heather and Chad in a Perkins-looking restaurant, Chad read my diary that had been written on a menu. I was rather disturbed that he was reading the diary of my marriages.

As Heather looked over the diary, she asked, "What do you want for Christmas?"

To which I quickly responded, "A coffee bean grinder."

No comments:

Post a Comment