Friday, January 5, 2007

Last night my dream was very nerve-wracking as well as displaying me yet again in bad light.  In it I was back on campus, only the student center & those dorms were in the location of Riley and the dorms were more apartment-esque.  The dream began--or rather this part of the dream, I'm excluding the part about the trip to Costa Rica with some Latino man--with Dorene and I getting ready one morning.  We had decided to go to class together because we had the same one, Phy-ed.  I was ready and waiting on Dorene, only to realize I didn't know where my shoes were.  I put on some random shoes and was rushing Dorene.  We were going to catch a shuttle of sorts to the class that left at like 8 AM.  As I provoked her to hurry, I realized that it was 8:01.  I told her we had missed it and then yelled for her to hurry reminding her, "You know that I'm anal about these kinds of things" (keep in mind that the word "anal" is awkward, and I hate saying it).  The dream continued with the two of us leaving the dorms dressed ridiculously.  There was some yellow folded paper I was supposed to grab, but instead grabbed a white folded paper with no aid.

Dorene and I had no idea where this class was.  Her schedule said "SC428" and we searched out people to help us find this location.  I became frustrated because it couldn't be in the student center because there were only 3 floors in there.  The situation escalated as did my frustration with Dorene, and the situation worsened with disgruntled refusals to aid.

The dream didn't go much farther than here, but what a sad dream.  I was so driven by my need to be on time to my class that I was yelling at people constantly and talking down on everyone.  How disgusting--but I must remind myself that this was a dream, and I did not actually lash out on Dorene.  This is a reminder, however, to why I walk to classes, et cetera, alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment