Saturday, June 18, 2011

Work Dreams

I worked an asleep shift at work last night, which largely affected my sleep.  I tossed and turned and woke frequently.  In my dream I attended some sort of faculty meeting for teachers.  After which I returned to the laundry room and air mattress (where I sleep at work) with a suitcase full of clothing.  As I tried to sleep, I woke to teachers rifling through my clothing like they were at a rummage sale.  Confused and unsure what to do, I went upstairs where my supervisor was.

Apparently, my supervisor has a brother that was living as a resident in the home—needing a lot of extra care.  Her brother was sitting at the table with her, while she was mixing drinks.  I heard her exclaim “vodka!”  I was a little concerned, because a vase full of vodka was within reaching distance of her brother.  She told me she was mixing drinks and offered one to me.  I wondered what to do.  She was technically not working anymore, but I would work again at 2 pm.

When I awoke from my real asleep shift, I went upstairs and saw my supervisor working on the schedule.  I told her my dream, and hilarity ensued.

No comments:

Post a Comment