Thursday, July 10, 2008

Dream (a couple weeks ago): Knitting

I think I had this dream when I was in Iowa, and without easy computer access. The dream began with Kyle K. and Katlin (and maybe Audra) walking into a room to knit. It then shifted, and I I was to teach a knitting class as a presentation for a class with Dr. Banks. In my dream, the class was to meet in a living room. Now, if you've ever had a class with Dr. Banks, you know she SHOWERS you with resources: articles, books, videos. It's a whirlwind of learning.

In my dream, this was no different. The living room was cluttered and a television was set up which was showing how to knit. Furthermore, Dr. Banks handed out articles with knitting instructions. My very lesson was being ripped from below me. People were following the video and handouts rather than listen to my instruction. Furthermore, the video was blending knitting and crocheting and wasn't pure knitting.

My efforts to focus their attention was failing, and with assurance that my grade was falling, I surrendered.

No comments:

Post a Comment