Thursday, December 1, 2011

I'm a graduate student . . . in mathematics.

My dream began with me in some small group perusing through graduate programs.  I was on a time crunch, so I made a very quick decision.  And what did I select?  Mathematics.

I then found myself in a small classroom setting, akin to Mr. Armstrong's classroom in middle school.  We were plotting points on grids the shape of Minnesota and connecting the points.  As I exited the room, I was casually talking with another student, saying how it was an impulsive decision to study mathematics and I hadn't even studied calculus in high school.

***

A colleague and I discussed the dream the following morning.  She pointed out all the stats I've been looking at about the USA and all the graphs I've been making from those stats.  I then recalled that I had been working on my budget the night before.  Moreover, I have been thinking off and on about what will happen when this Fulbright ends.  Well, let's add graduate school in mathematics to the list of possibilities!

No comments:

Post a Comment