Monday, April 7, 2008

Group Home/Restaurant

It's 8:15 AM.

Last night we went to sleep with the window cracked open to keep the room the best temp.

Now it's snowing.

Crazy Minnesota.

I got up to do laundry and I'm still tired. My clothes are currently in the wash. I was happy to not be dreaming because this was my dream.

I was at work for ACR Homes. (Remember I work with people with disabilities.) One of our residents was sick and suddenly had these really strict rules about being in the sun and wearing a scarf over himself and his room window's blinds... Then I went to prepare his dinner and they said that the company was about to entirely switch away from bowls and plates because they were unsanitary. I remember I used two huge bright blue plastic bowls for cereal.

Then I went over to the restaurant that was like part of the house. There I went to a table that was a woman, her daughter, and Spencer F. (from high school). They were nice people and I took there order, but then I transferred their order to different paper for some reason. When I got to the kitchen to give them the order, I noticed that one of my tickets didn't have the table number on it (The numbers were in Roman numerals and my table was section V table IV.). So I wrote it down and then suddenly I couldn't find where my tickets were for their food.

SO, then I tried to remember their orders from memory. The woman got tater tot casserole to share with her daughter, but I remembered that they never came to a conclusion of whether they wanted salad bar with it.

Anyhow, I figured out something and then talked to some other staff about who was going to do a certain resident's evening meds.

No comments:

Post a Comment